Monday, May 24, 2010

Persistence.....

For readers of this blog, I wrote a post titled "Playful Derision" on the subject of the "tweenie devil" or cock-a-snoot mascot. Since that article, I have been smitten by the figure searching high and low for the exact example featured in Leach's paintaing of "Brooklands George" featured in the post. They are not easy to find but I finally acquired one.



I have plans for this little fellow. The original will naturally find its suitable place on my Norton Model 7. I also plan on making a mold and casting the mascot either myself  or finding some help. Every motorcyclist deserves one of these!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. it's a great one! let me know if you get copies made, i'd love to have one to mount on the front of a bike.

    Regards,
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, have checked out your blog from time to time, If and when you make any copies let me know.

    Regards
    Sverre @ AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete